Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday June 20, 2006

Cleanse day 25

Ah it's been a while since my last entry. Still on this blasted cleanse, but taking a nibble here and there of my recipe making. 5 more days to go. I just keep drinking my juice, water, broth and tea, and a honey stick now and then.

I took my cholesterol on my home monitor this morning and it registered at 243. I was hoping it would be lower since I'm fasting, but I haven't really been exercising. Then I went to get the full blood lab cholesterol test and I will soon find out just how accurate my home test is.

When I got back from the lab...my vision was all screwed up. It was like I was looking through water. At first I thought it was because I just had water to drink for over 12 hours because of the blood test, but I realized later that I'd had that before my period a year or two ago. Equal Half made me some orange juce and told me to lie down and it went away pretty quickly. Then I got a mild headache so I chalked it up to PMS coupled with a hefty dose of detox.

I had some horrible cramps this morning. Bowled over crying and all. So it makes me wonder if my cholesterol is higher due to hormones, and Equal Half and I discussed taking my results on the last day of this cleanse, after my period is hopefully over. No sign of the period, and I don't know when it'll come since I'm mainly taking in liquids.

Oh, I just whipped up some of Anna's Happy Cow Burgers, from www.therawtable.com. I tried a small piece out of the dehydrator now and I can't believe how good they are. I usually don't like that kind of stuff, the nut heavy things much, but I had a feeling that most of her food is really good! I copied almost every recipe out of there and stuck it in my raw notebook of recipes. I cannot wait to eat a whole portion of those burgers with lettuce, onions and even a slice of tomato and the cucumber sauce she raves about. It all sounds so good to me right now!

We went to Taekwondo tonight but I was so tired and lethargic, absolutely no energy and felt so draggy. Not sure if it's this wretched heat or what. The days have been just gorgeous though...so much lovelier now than it was last year this time!

I finally have more control of my pictures here, so tomorrow I'll be able to put in a few photos. I'm excited about this because usually I have to ask Equal Half to resize and send me everything, which is a hassle for him no doubt!

No comments: