Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday June 3, 2006

Cleanse day 8

This morning I made some of the BBQ chicken fingers from Living on Live Food by Alissa Cohen. I already had the main ingredients and no nuts involved, so I figured I'd start making some stuff for when I come off this fast. The only problem is it called for olive oil and my olive oil is not light tasting and tends to make everything else heavy tasting with a funny taste. So hopefully they will come out okay, I will have to have equal half taste test them for me.



They are in the dehydrator - will have to remember to take a snapshot of them when they come out. The photos in her book look like real chicken fingers, and they looked that way when I shaped them. I did a couple different things to them like used leftover carrot pulp, a little nutritional yeast and a couple tablespoons flax seed to help them hold together.

There are some other recipes that I really want to try out, esp. from Living Cuisine by Renee Underkoffler. I wish there were pictures in this book, but just reading the recipes makes me salivate. I've tagged many pages so far and will be halving them to try them out.

This morning I had my regular carrot-apple juice and orange juice. Pretty boring, ha? Last night I was having some salt cravings. Was in the mood for some vegetable broth so I may indulge.

No comments: