Saturday, November 24, 2007


Ruby Jewel

It's a great time for a recipe isn't it? And this one is not only delicious and beautiful, but it's seasonal!

This is so wonderful, tangy, sweet and refreshing - you are going to love it!

Ruby Jewel

2 Pomegranates, seeded

3-5 Ruby Red Grapefruits, peeled (depending on how much juice you want to make and the size of grapefruits - should yield about 2 or more cups of juice)


Put through a juicer and enjoy!


This is really a recipe for your juicer, but if you don't mind it on the pulpy side, you can certainly blend it up (and/or optionally strain it).


The important thing, though is you need to de-seed the pomegranates. You don't want any rind in there, as it will make the drink bitter. It seems more tedious than it actually is, but takes no more than a few minutes to do.

Check out this a sure-fire way to de-seed a pomegranate:


Here's another way which I haven't tried yet but looks even easier! http://www.metacafe.com/watch/448091/chefs_trick_deseeding_a_pomegranate_in_seconds/

5 comments:

Dana said...

MMm! that sounds delicious! Great pomegranate de-seading tips too. I have a good article on the health benefits of pomegranates on my blog which I think you would really like!

I found your blog and thought that through some of your interests you expressed that you would be interested in mine.

www.asizableapple.com

It's updated daily about women's health and fitness for all ages.

Please come check it out!
- Dana

Rebekah said...

That looks fab!! Going to try it in the morning.

Lovely picture!!

raw-k on!

Rebekah said...

That looks amazing!!

Going to try it in the morning!!

lovely pictures

raw-k on!!

Gina said...

I tried your recipe -- modified. I forgot I had more than one grapefruit, so I used 2 poms and 1 grapefruit (I could have used two). It was delightful nonetheless. Thanks for the idea!

Sharon said...

Glad you enjoyed the recipe rawbean! Sometimes I have more than one than the other and it always turns out great. The one time it was on the sour side was when I used red grapefruit, but not "Ruby" red grapefruit which must be sweeter, but like you I still enjoyed it.

rawvegan londoner and Dana thanks for stopping by. I will be sure to check out your blogs too!

Sharon