Sunday, August 20, 2006


We shall overcome...


Wow it's been a while since my last post. I am happy to say though, that I am officially off another addiction, dairy. After my cleanse I started eating cheese again, like unpasteurized cheese, and even some of the non-fat cheeses, thinking they are better for me. The whole time realizing this was just a nasty addiction for me.

I wasn't eating 'some' cheese, like shredded on a salad, it was more like buying a block of cheese and eating slices of it when I wanted something to eat instead of grabbing a piece of fruit. It was just a really bad habit.

I am not sure what actually did it - I have been praying fervently for my addictions to be taken away so I know the Lord definatly had a hand in it. I was viewing some videos from vegsource that helped.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1308977765978236346&q=vegan&time=390000 This one is with T. Colin Campbell about his book The China study

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3214100593069532942&q=vegan
About sugar, chocolate, dairy and meat addiction.

These were pretty long videos, about an hour each. I had them playing in the background while I was working on the computer.

I do have a couple of other addictions to overcome but I am indeed taking them one addiction at a time because getting doing them all at once would not be a very good idea for me!

No comments: